Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Fri Apr 20 07:35:57 PDT 2007

Entice Designer is moving towards becoming an IDE, as well as a GUI
builder, in version 0.8.2. Now has multiple file management with file list
and simple compile command. Note that this is just the beginning; expect
more to follow!

For a list of features, screenshots and installer and zip downloads, visit
http://www.dprogramming.com/entice.php

Major changes in version 0.8.2:
* Added ability to open multiple files.
* Plugin support with SDK and examples (early C interface).
* Toolbox disappears when not needed; increases code area.
* Added option to use spaces instead of tab characters for indentation.
* Added simplistic project and compile functionality.
* Bugs fixed.

http://www.dprogramming.com/entice.php

Notes:

The compile command is just an early placeholder, actually implemented as
a plugin. Expect this feature to be replaced and improved. This plugin's
source is also available.

The plugin interface is quite unfriendly because it is an early,
unfinished design with C compatibility in mind. There will probably be a
nice D wrapper for it in the future. There is at least some documentation
for it and examples.

I have actually switched to Entice as my primary D editor now! This should
ensure stability and force me to adhere to the quality and feature set I
expect and desire from an editor.

As always, I'm open to suggestions. Feel free to contact me here, by
e-mail, forum or IRC.

Also, a minor DFL update was released yesterday.

- Chris