DSSS and Rebuild 0.63 released.

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sat Apr 21 08:31:23 PDT 2007

Is installing to a different volume than C: supposed to work on Windows?
I'm getting this weird error trying to do a dsss install as per the
instructions here:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/browser/trunk/docs/README.use

-------
F:\usr\pkg\Dlang>dsss install --prefix=c:/usr/pkg/Dlang/dsss
Installing DD-dmd
+ making directory F:\usr\pkg\Dlang\c:/usr/pkg/Dlang/dsss\lib
Error: F:\usr\pkg\Dlang\c:: The filename, directory name, or volume
label syntax is incorrect.
-------

It looks like the F: drive bit is causing it trouble.

Anyway, do I really need to dsss install to use dsss on Windows?  It
seems to do basic stuff ok just by putting the bin dir on my PATH.

--bb