Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Apr 22 17:35:49 PDT 2007

freeagle wrote:
> Charlie wrote:
>> DFL and Entice are really under-appreciated IMO , an awesome piece of
>> work.
>
> I think this is because the project is hosted at www.dprogramming.com.
> I'm not saying there's anything bad about it, but I think that first,
> and probably the last, stop for any beginning D programmer is
> www.dsource.org. That's why projects at dprogramming don't receive much
> attention.

It looks like a very nice project, but I think the fact that it's
Windows-only is the reason for lack of widespread adoption.  Heck I'm a
Windows-only user but I won't touch Windows-only libraries.  I value my
own freedom to switch platforms at will too much, especially these days
with Vista breathing uncomfortably down my neck.   I also value the
ability to share with friends who don't use Windows.  So I never really
gave DFL a second look.

--bb