wxD 0.10 released

Olli Aalto oaalto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 23:25:42 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Anders F Björklund wrote:
>> 0.10 (afb)
>> Support for building with wxWidgets 2.8.x
>> Support for compiling with Tango as well
>>
>> http://wxd.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> This release adds support for compiling with
>> wxWidgets 2.8.3, as well as with old wx 2.6.4.
>> It also adds support for using Tango / Phobos.
>>
>> The build process has been updated and it now
>> supports Make (DM/GNU), Build (Bud/Rebuild)
>> as well as Code::Blocks IDE and using DSSS.
>>
>> http://wxd.sourceforge.net/#codeblocks
>>
>> Tested OK on Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Win XP.
>> Works with GDC 0.23 and DMD 1.007 compilers.
>>
>> --anders
>
> 0.10 is now the default version with `dsss net install`
>
> Hey, no patches necessary! :)

Decided to give wxd a go, but run into the following problem. First it
seems that DSSS fetches wxd 0.09 and not 0.10, and that causes the build
to fail when using Tango.

Linux, DMD 1.013, Tango RC1, DSSS 0.64.

Here's the output:

oaalto-laptop ~> dsss net install wxd
Synchronizing...
Please choose a mirror for the source list:
(Note that you may choose another mirror at any time by removing the
directory
/home/oaalto/dsss/share/dsss/sources)

1) http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources
2) http://dsss.brainsware.org/sources
1
+ curl -s -S -k http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources/source.list
-o /home/oaalto/dsss/share/dsss/sources/source.list
+ curl -s -S -k http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources/pkgs.list
-o /home/oaalto/dsss/share/dsss/sources/pkgs.list
+ curl -s -S -k
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources/mirrors.list -o
/home/oaalto/dsss/share/dsss/sources/mirrors.list

Working in /tmp/DSSS_wxd
+ curl -k
http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wxd/wxd-0.09.tgz -o
src.tgz
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
  Speed
100 1121k  100 1121k    0     0   379k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--
  418k
+ gunzip -c src.tgz | tar -xf -
+ curl -k http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources/wxd.diff -o wxd.diff
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
  Speed
100  1399  100  1399    0     0   4448      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
     0
The next patch would create the file wxd/dsss.conf,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file wxd/dsss.conf.rej
The next patch would create the file wxd/mkwxlibs.d,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file wxd/mkwxlibs.d.rej
WARNING: Module stddef.d does not have a module declaration. This can
cause problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
WARNING: Module string.d does not have a module declaration. This can
cause problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
WARNING: Module utf.d does not have a module declaration. This can cause
problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
WARNING: Module format.d does not have a module declaration. This can
cause problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
WARNING: Module stream.d does not have a module declaration. This can
cause problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
WARNING: Module regexp.d does not have a module declaration. This can
cause problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
WARNING: Module libs.d does not have a module declaration. This can
cause problems
          with rebuild's -oq option. If an error occurs, fix this first.
Creating imports for DD-wx

wx => DD-wx
Command: mkwxlibs.d
+ /home/oaalto/dsss/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./
-I/home/oaalto/dsss/include/d -S/home/oaalto/dsss/lib/  -full -exec
mkwxlibs.d
mkwxlibs.d(1): module file cannot read file 'std/file.d'
Command /home/oaalto/dsss/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.