DMD 1.013 release

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Apr 23 17:12:45 PDT 2007

renoX wrote:
> BCS a écrit :
>> Reply to Bill,

>>> This is Reason Number 1 why the handy dmd.zip link is a bad idea.
>>>
>>> <quote voice="Forrest Gump">
>>> My momma always said, "dmd.zip was like a box of chocolates. You
>>> never know what you're gonna get."
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> --bb
>>>

>> I think that dmd.zip == dmd.1.010.zip is not a mistake. the idea is
>> that dmd.zip is a "last stable version" link.
>
> Then it should be named as such dmd_stable.zip or something like that.
>
> I agree that the dmd.zip is not a good idea.

That's not so useful either.  I've got a dmd_stable.zip sitting on my HD
or file server that I downloaded a while ago.  I don't remember when.
So is it the latest stable version or not?  The only way to know is to
unzip it to a temp location, see what's inside.

Why not just make the link for dmd stable on the changelog directly
point to dmd.1.010.zip, instead of a symlink to it?  Why deliberately
throw away useful information?

--bb