Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Tue Apr 24 00:05:21 PDT 2007

> But the thing that really pissed me off about Vista was their announcement
> early on that OpenGL was going to be a second class citizen.  Apparently
> it's been fixed due to the *vehement* complaints from users and vendors
> alike.  But that's the kind of crap Microsoft is always trying to pull.
> They were telling everyone "So sorry, but it's technically impossible for
> OpenGL to work the way it does in XP.  Please use DX10 from now on."
> Apparently it wasn't as impossible as they claimed, and I'm still wary.

This isn't really true, it went like this:

Microsoft says it will implement it ui in dx10, thus making it impossible to
directly support OpenGL in a window.
Media hears about this and claims microsoft will drop OpenGL support.
OpenGL would be supported like wine handles dx  from the beginning: Its not
an emulator :D
So yes it is technically impossible to let OpenGl work in a window like in
xp.