Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Apr 24 06:39:09 PDT 2007

Saaa wrote:
> Are even programmers against vista?
> Is it because of the price? Or maybe you think it isn't necessary?

It isn't necessary.  The only notable feature over XP is DX10.  But
performance is abysmal, partially because of immature drivers and
partially (it seems) because of DRM enforcement (read reviews that
discuss file copying across drives or across the network).  And I object
to the DRM features on purely idealistic grounds.

> You must understand that the real features of vista which are interesting
> can't be shown in general commercials, right?

Please name one.  I'll admit that as a programmer I like some of the new
API features they've added, but at the same time, I can't use them
because Vista is too new.

Sean