Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Apr 24 06:43:00 PDT 2007

Daniel Keep wrote:

> Also, as a programmer, I'm seriously pissed off with the new stuff in
> Vista.  I mean, first they bring out .NET with SWForms, then almost
> immediately deprecate it for WPF.  How long before they bring out
> something else new that I need to re-learn?  Bugger it; I'm sticking to
> cross platform toolkits from now on, no exceptions.

But Microsoft has always done this.  It's one reason my Win32 apps look
like Unix apps at the code level.  I have no interest in chasing
technologies that will be obsolete six months later.

> Finally is the fact that anything Vista can do, Linux can already do,
> and do it better.  I mean, the marketing push for Vista has been "The
> Wow starts Now": have you ever seen Beryl?  That thing completely blows
> Vista and OSX out of the water in terms of how shiny it is.

Ubuntu is fantastic.  The only reason I still use Windows at all is for
game playing and the fact that I hate dual booting.  But I don't have
any plans to upgrade past XP.  From here I'll either get a mac or
install Linux.

Sean