MiniD 1.0 released!

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 08:04:53 PDT 2007

"BLS" <nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:f8pgoi$1thd$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Jarret, I miss some API examples. I also can not figure out how DDL fits
> into the picture.

Cause I haven't written them yet XD  This is what I plan to be working on
for the next couple of weeks: examples and documentation.

DDL will come in once it's been converted to Tango.  Basically what you can
do now is (1) import other MiniD source code modules, (2) import MiniD
modules which have been compiled to bytecode and serialized, and (3) expose
native functions to MiniD from the host application.  What you can do with
DDL is write a library of native functions, compile them into a DDL file,
and then import that DDL module at run-time into the MiniD interpreter.
This makes it really easy to develop and distribute native-code MiniD
libraries (think of the use of DLLs/SOs in Lua and Python).