MiniD 1.0 released!

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Wed Aug 1 21:24:53 PDT 2007

Very nice. If you wouldn't mind (and if you have the time), I'd love to
read more about the design of the MiniD interpreter. Are you using a
parser generator for the lexing/parsing? Once you have your AST, do you
internally generate VM bytecode, or do you walk the AST? What kinds of
optimizations do you do? Is the VM/Interpreter purely stack-based, or do
you use simulated registers? How do you implement your dynamic typing?

Have you read any of the documentation of the parrot project? Back when
they were publishing more regular updates, I enjoyed reading about their
implementation details. If you're interesting in writing about your
experiences designing and implementing MiniD, I'd be very interested in
reading about them.

Thanks!

--benji