MiniD 1.0 released!

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 09:32:46 PDT 2007

"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:f8vdpq$232c$1 at digitalmars.com...
>I don't know how I managed to last this long without investigating what
>MiniD is.  But it's such a nice idea!  I had begun myself to think of a
>similar idea.
>
>> MiniD is based entirely on Tango, the alternative standard library for D.
>> MiniD was last built with Tango 0.99.
>
> Considering the nature of Tango, will an application that uses MiniD still
> be able to use code/libraries relying on Phobos as well?

Tangobos works amazingly well.  I used it while porting MiniD from Phobos to
Tango, and had no problems with some parts of the library being in Phobos
while others were in Tango.  There are some linking issues with
redefinitions of some of the libc functions, but that's easy to fix by
commenting out those definitions in the Tangobos headers.

Of course, in a perfect world, there'd be only Tango ;)  But...