DSSS 0.69 released.

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Aug 7 02:38:59 PDT 2007

Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
>> Sean Kelly wrote:
>>> Robert Fraser wrote:
>>>
>>> Good point.  I guess solid scripting support would go a long way
>>> towards supporting custom build options.  Perhaps MiniD would be
>>> useful here.
>>>

>>> Sean
>>
>> Hmm.. A la SCons, perhaps?
>> http://www.scons.org/
>>
>> SCons actually supports D already, and prior to the existance of
>> Build/Bud that was what I used.  However, its a Python application
>> (hence its scripting capability), and so useless if you don't have
>> Python installed.
>>
>> I'm sure with MiniD in hand we could do at least as well... and possibly
>> even better.
>>
>> -- Chris Nicholson-Sauls
>
> I was going to suggest that as well. I haven't used it before, but it
> does fit what Sean was looking, since its configuration files are python
> sripts.

I personally liked A-A-P better, also implemented in Python. It has a simple
and powerful syntax for the common build tasks, but can also have inline
Python code. It (together with SCons) never caught on for D due to the
Python dependency. I suppose this would translate to using MiniD code
inline in dsss scripts.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net