tool to 'prettify' dmd profiler logs

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Aug 9 20:47:56 PDT 2007

Lutger wrote:
> I have this crappy yet functioning tool to make html files out of dmd's
> profiler output. Since somebody in another thread remarked that this
> output was unreadable, I thought it might be useful to share.
>
> It works with the ddoc system, so it's possible to customize the end
> result.
>
> source (Tango):
> http://lutger.ifastnet.com/ptrace/ptrace.zip
> source + windows binary:
> http://lutger.ifastnet.com/ptrace/ptrace_win.zip

I tried it but here's what I got:

 >ptrace -t=profile.d
Reading from trace.log and writing to profile.d
tango.core.Exception.IllegalArgumentException: Integer.toInt :: numeric
overflow

That was what finally came out after a long time waiting.

I suspect the reason might be these weird lines I'm getting in my profile:

		_D8rbftools3api475__T18Kernel_Eva䳡椀渀䘀
甀渀吀匀耀꤀㔀㠀耀ꠀ 䬀䈀愀猀椀挀䘀吀漀爀匀㌀
㘀耀ꄀ㈀㄀爀㈀氀漀最爀开攀耀쐀elemVh2Z€З€Ṫ63€×
1KDDeriv€ุ40€Ø5€ظdd€Ŗöꖀ耀ᰀ耄ﴀᇿ됀8€Ü3Āﴀ烿y51傶耀଀渀漀洀椀愀氀Ѐ
䀀ŠVE€©9€ŖOr€Ú1Z€