DSSS 0.69 released.

Fri Aug 10 09:22:51 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Bruno,
>
>> If it's to mess around with the source, I am of the opinion that a
>> given
>> project distribution should have all of it's dependencies in the
>> distribution as well (headers + binary libraries).
>
> DSSS uses svn to download stuff. Unless you want to require that all svn
> repositories have all dependencies in them (bad idea) then you need to
> also do svn co on the decencies and that what DSSS does.

Actually, as long as the dependency is also in an svn repository, you
can just use the svn:externals property on a directory to get
subdirectories with the data in the other repositories (either the
latest version or a specific one) when you check it out (or update).

Not that I'm recommending that, I'm just saying you don't need to
actually copy the data over to your own repository to get that effect.