tool to 'prettify' dmd profiler logs (fixes)

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 15:25:16 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
  > I tried it but here's what I got:
>
>  >ptrace -t=profile.d
> Reading from trace.log and writing to profile.d
> tango.core.Exception.IllegalArgumentException: Integer.toInt :: numeric
> overflow
>

> That was what finally came out after a long time waiting.
>
> I suspect the reason might be these weird lines I'm getting in my profile:
>
> ------------------
>         _D8rbftools3api475__T18Kernel_Eva䳡椀渀䘀 甀渀吀匀耀꤀㔀㠀耀ꠀ 䬀
> 䈀愀猀椀挀䘀吀漀爀匀㌀ 㘀耀ꄀ㈀㄀爀㈀氀漀最爀开攀耀
> 쐀elemVh2Z€З€Ṫ63€× 1KDDeriv€ุ40€Ø5€ظdd€Ŗöꖀ耀ᰀ耄ﴀᇿ됀8€Ü3Āﴀ烿y51傶耀଀渀
> 漀洀椀愀氀Ѐ 䀀ŠVE€©9€ŖOr€Ú1Z€
>
> There are quite a few lines like that in the trace.log dmd is spitting out.
>
> --bb

Thanks for mentioning. I have updated this random tarball with some
fixes and other improvements, performance should also be ok now :)
http://lutger.ifastnet.com/ptrace/ptrace_win.zip

If you come across such a problem again, if it's possible for you to
send me your trace.log that would be really helpful: lutger dot
blijdestijn at gmail dot com

When I get it in dsource, I'll make it a bit nicer.