Descent 0.4 released

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Mon Aug 13 16:29:00 PDT 2007

Reply to Ary,

> BCS escribió:
>
>> Fun. Firt thing I try breaks
>>
>> pragma(msg,">>" __FILE__ ":");
>>
>> it compiles under DMD
>>
> That's a tricky one. You can only concatenate string literals in that
> way, but it happen that DMD's lexer replaces __FILE__ with the current
> filename and treat it is a string literal token (instead of
> identifier)... but Descent not.

I expected as much (IIRC, my lexer treat __FILE__, __LINE__ and friends as
special tokens)

> Well, now it does! :-)

Thanks

> Uninstall Descent and reinstall it. Remeber to run eclipse with
> "-clean" so the update manager refreshes the update site. You should
> see the new version: 0.4.20070813 (the previous one was 0.4.20070812).
>
> Thanks for the bug report,
> Ary
> P.D.: It didn't break, there were just the red squiggles.

OK.... <rolls eyes> It didn't /actualy/ break anything :o)

p.s.

for code formatting; could we get a "add newline between static "else" and
"static if"

static if(foo == 1) bar();
else
static if(foo == 2) baz();
else
static if(foo == 3) bil();
else
static if(foo == 4) bat();

it makes commenting stuff out faster sometimes

//static if(foo == 1) bar();
//else
static if(foo == 2) baz();
//else