Mmrnmhrm 0.1 released

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Sun Aug 19 21:31:23 PDT 2007

The main difference is that it has a big different point of view in
developing the IDE. While Descent copies JDT and tries to adapt it from
Java's logic to D (which can result in being very hard to understand for
further modifications), Mmrnmhrm is made almost from scratch, reusing
Descent's ported parser and copying some ideas from JDT, but not just
copying the source code and changing what's appropriate.

Also, (at least for now) it is more focused on semantic stuff, so it has
"go to definition" and autocompletion funcionalities, which Descent lacks.

I think it's a great project, and what I think is the greatest thing is
that Descent and Mmrnmhrm have disjoint funcionalities, so in some point
they may merge into a single project which has both of the two worlds.
One other possibility is that any or both projects will be merged into
one that is based on DLTK ( http://www.eclipse.org/dltk/ ).

Descent sooner or later will have "go to definition" and autocompletion,
but I'd like to try reusing DMD's semantic code first, which we know
it's ok (except for some bugs, of course), instead of implementing
semantic based on the specs like in Mmrnmhrm (this has the disadvantage
that it may have more bugs, but the advantage that is not so
compiler-oriented, so it's easier to understand). As you see, there are
a lot of points in consideration for implementing a D IDE.