D Conference 2007 -- Slides

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 25 22:19:11 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Thank-you:
>
> Brad for organizing and doing all the work preparing for the conference,
> and for being MC and keeping everything on schedule and focussed. Brad
> was always first to arrive and last to leave.
>
> Amazon for providing their premier conference room with the incredible
> view, and financing the food, and providing video services.
>
> The speakers for putting time into preparing presentations for our
> education and entertainment.
>
> The attendees who came from near and far, including several who came all
> the way from europe!
>

> My sense is that everyone had a good time (I certainly did). It was fun
> to finally put faces to all the names.

I have to mirror everything Walter said since he beat me to it. :)

Amazon surpassed my expectations when my second line manager, who
attended several of the talks, told me to just expense everything.

This conference wouldn't have been possible with out each of the
speakers and attendees.  Talking to an empty room is no fun, nor is
staring at a blank screen.  So, while I'll gladly accept some praise,
we're all responsible for it having been a success.

Pardon me now, while I go to sleep for about a week.

Thanks again,
Brad