DSSS 0.72.1 released.

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Mon Aug 27 08:30:28 PDT 2007

Carlos Santander wrote:
> Gregor Richards escribió:
>> Carlos Santander wrote:
>>>
>>> The makefile doesn't seem to be updated:
>>>
>>> make: *** No rule to make target `traits.o', needed by `rebuild'.  Stop.
>>>

>> I had forgotten to svn add traits.c. I've updated the sources. The
>> binaries are right.
>>
>>  - Gregor Richards
>
> Thanks. Another error, though:
>
> g++ -g  access.o array.o attrib.o cast.o class.o compile.o cond.o
> config.o constfold.o dchar.o declaration.o delegatize.o doc.o dsymbol.o
> dump.o entity.o enum.o expression.o func.o gnuc.o hdrgen.o html.o id.o
> identifier.o impcnvtab.o import.o inifile.o init.o inline.o interpret.o
> lexer.o link.o lstring.o macro.o mangle.o mars.o mem.o module.o mtype.o
> opover.o optimize.o parse.o response.o root.o scope.o statement.o
> staticassert.o stringtable.o struct.o template.o traits.o unialpha.o
> utf.o version.o whereami.o -o rebuild
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> VarExp::VarExp(Loc, Declaration*)
> ForeachRangeStatement::inlineScan(InlineScanState*)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Well that's strange. I compiled it cleanly, from scratch, and had no
such issues. Are you compiling from the source .tar.bz2 or svn? If svn,
did you try 'make clean' in rebuild? Sometimes with big upgrades and old
.o files it can get wonky.

Mayhaps this is something unique to OS X?

  - Gregor Richards