Ancient dmd versions

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 31 15:16:19 PDT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Walter Bright wrote:

> Ok, I'm ashamed to say I have backups of the source, but for some of the old
> dmd zip files, can't find a copy amid my disorganized, huge pile of CD
> backups. For archival purposes, if any of you have the following original dmd
> zips, please email me a copy:
>
> dmdalpha5.zip
> dmdalpha6.zip
> dmdalpha8 through 18.zip
> dmd20 through dmd75.zip
> dmd77 through 101.zip
>
> I'll put any we find up on the digitalmars ftp site.

While I don't have the zip files, I did dig up the change log history from
www.archive.org (I love that site) and pieced it together here:

http://www.puremagic.com/~braddr/d/changelog.txt

It has 0.43 as the oldest entry and I copied up through 0.101.  Prior to
0.43 it doesn't look like you kept a changelog on the website.  It also
looks like you used just 'dmd.zip' or 'dmdalpha.zip' for the links for a
long time in there.

Not quite the archives we're looking for, but something worth preserving
anyway.

Later,
Brad