Phobos is now on dsource

Brad Anderson brad at dsource.org
Sat Dec 1 11:11:22 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Alexander Panek wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:07:40 -0800 (PST)
>> Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For the short term (and quite possibly long term), I don't expect to
>>> use dsource for much more than it's svn repository.  There's already
>>> the d bugzilla instance which is doing a perfectly good job.
>>
>> Fair enough, but Trac is way easier to use than bugzilla. And, the
>> probably more weighing point: it interfaces with the underlying source
>> control in such a way that tickets can be associated to changesets and
>> revisions. I think this is one very big advantage over bugzilla. That
>> way it would even be possible to submit patches in tickets and see
>> how they've been applied, etc.
>
> That may be, but you have to weigh that benefit against the cost of
> having the bug database split across two trackers and/or migrating all
> the existing bugzilla entries over to trac.
>
> --bb

# python trac/contrib/bugzilla2trac.py

Let me know if you would like to run this script on the existing BZ
database and port existing bugs over.  It isn't quite that simple, of
course, but I've done it at a previous job.

Also, I'm sure we could work something out as far as NG notifications.

All of this being said, I would rather use my time in Dec, Jan, which is
historically very active DSource work, for completing the new version of
the site in general, as I discussed at the conference.  Plus, finishing
off Mercurial support (we are very close), and adding git support.

Cheers,
BA