Mayhem Intergalactic: First commercial game written in D?

Chris P. chrisp at inventivedingo.com
Thu Dec 6 21:09:49 PST 2007

Greetings,

I'm the author of the indie game Mayhem Intergalactic. I've been selling
it since July, and I'm still working on improving it.

I'm making this post here because Mayhem Intergalactic is written in D -
making it the first released commercial game written in D, as far as I
know. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

It's using OpenGL and SDL via Derelict, and Phobos (Tango didn't exist
when I started). You can check out the demo and/or snag yourself a copy
here:

http://www.inventivedingo.com/mayhemig

Windows only for the moment I'm afraid. I'm still working on Linux and
Mac support.

Cheers,
Chris Pelling

P.S. I know, I'm a bit late making this post - the impetus for doing it
now was Aldacron noticing me talking elsewhere about Mayhem
Intergalactic being written in D, and blogging about it:
http://dblog.aldacron.net/2007/12/06/mayhem-intergalactic/

P.P.S. Anyone who can help me fix the crash I'm getting on the Mac wins
a free copy of the game. ;-)  (See the tail end of
http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3401 for details.)