The D Programming Language by Andrei Alexandrescu

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Fri Dec 7 07:17:30 PST 2007

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:fjb1ii$1jsv$2 at digitalmars.com...
> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> I hope it isn't.
>>
>> I like the fact that D is constantly evolving. Certainly, there's a bit
>> of feature creep here & there, but overall it gives the feeling that D is
>> certainly bridging the gap between programming paradigms and presenting
>> itself as a modern language.
>
> We'll just start on D 3.0 then.

I would hope that when D 2.0 features have been completed, that some time
and effort will be expended toward stability and back-end optimization.
Personally, I would prefer an high-quality 2.0 to a 3.0.  Besides, given the
scope of D 2.0, I can't quite fathom what features you would include in a D
3.0.

-Craig