Mayhem Intergalactic: First commercial game written in D?

Chris P. chrisp at inventivedingo.com
Sat Dec 8 03:25:50 PST 2007

John Reimer wrote:
> Ho!  The game of "Risk" in space! Great idea! :-)
>
> I tried the demo and think it's great little game!  I like the
> uncomplicated interface and strangely immersive experience.  That music
> certainly sets the mood too.

Thanks! Yes, I've had several people comment that it's a surprisingly
engaging game despite (or perhaps because of) the simple mechanics.

The music has divided opinions - seems you either like it or hate it!
Still, that's why there's an options screen to turn it off.

> You could probably port such a concept successfully to a pda
> device too if D ever gets there (officially).

Heh. We'll see. Merely porting it to the Mac was tiresome enough, and I
don't own a PDA, so... :-)

Oh, and it uses OpenGL, which is a bit of a downer for handheld devices.
I could rewrite the renderer to use a 2D blitter of course, but it would
be a bit of work.

It would be cool though!

Cheers,
Chris