Small video game written in D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 09:39:57 PST 2007

guillaume Chéreau wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am writing a small video game in D.
> The game itself is not really innovative, this is just another asteroid like game, but I wrote it as an exercise to learn D.
>
> You can see a screenshot here :
> http://charlie137.blogspot.com/2007/11/new-game-guisterax.html
>
> The sources can be found here :
> http://darshak.free.fr/guisterax/guisterax_0.1.tar.gz
>
> The windows executable is there :
> http://darshak.free.fr/guisterax/guisterax_0.1.zip
>
> Have fun !
> Guillaume

Nice work!  It compiles quite easily on windows with msys, gdc 0.24, and
mingw make.  The only change to the makefile for building on windows is
removal of "-ldl" at the end of two lines.  Maybe you can add another
makefile to the repository for win32 (like Makefile.win.gdc or
something) with these small changes?

I also tried "dsss build main.d" which successfully built an executable
using dmd... but this binary exits with an exception while trying to
load the font surface. I tried to debug this, but nothing seems to work.

The game play is quite difficult.  I like the graphics and sound but I
can't progress very far. :-)

John