Run your unit tests individually using Flute

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:37:46 PST 2007

Kris wrote:
> "Robert Fraser" <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote in
>> Flute is a natural extension of UnittestWalker which allows you to run
>> unit tests one at a time, run only specific tests, track failures, errors,
>> and passes, etc., etc. It integrates directly with D's unittest construct,
>> so no additional coding on your part is necessary, just link in the Flute
>> module and enjoy! If you want to name your tests, you will have to
>> introduce a dependency on the naming module, however.

You don't have to name the tests; it's an option. If I choose to tie it
to the Descent front-end, I'll remove the binary naming altogether.

>> In its current form (which will likely be the final command-line form
>> unless someone wants to fork it), it doesn't support D2. I've actually
>> only tested it with DMD 1.020 on Windows. It should work on both Tango and
>> Phobos, but again I've only tested it on Phobos 1.020 and Tango 0.99.2, so
>> I'm not 100% on that.
>
> Very, very nice ...

Okay, I can sense the sarcasm, but as I said this is a WIP, and I'm only
releasing it because this is likely the last time it'll be useable
without a frontend or telnet client.