libd and the Slate project

Christian Kamm kamm.incasoftware at shift-at-left-and-remove-this.de
Thu Dec 27 01:18:11 PST 2007

I'm not affiliated with this project in any way. However, I almost didn't
notice it on the schedule and thought people might be interested.

On December 28th there will be a talk about "libd and the Slate project" at
the annual Chaos Communication Congress in Berlin, Germany.

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/events/2321.en.html

Slate project, an attempt at a high-level OS and environment built upon
libd, as the next major step in improving the state of programming
environments and operating systems. With high-level abstractions, and
sensible design, the state of implementation of open-source OSes can
improve. We leverage existing kernels when implementing Slate, and put an
extensive (abstraction-oriented) architecture above the kernel to present
the user (or programmer) with a system they can use by having to do less to
perform a specific function. Our virtual machine approach also allows for
security verification on a level not seen in *nix OSes before.

Usually, live steams and video recordings are available:
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Conference_Documentation

Regards,
Christian Kamm