Tango 0.95 beta1 released

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sun Feb 4 13:26:20 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>
>> The first public release of Tango is now ready for download.
>
> This is a first rate example of what the D community can do.
> Congratulations to everyone involved in its creation. You guys have set
> the bar pretty high!

No and/or here, it's _both_!

Walter and the Tango guys:

Cool, both! Congrats!!!!

Wish I'd been there, but lately I've been (luckily only) almost
electrocuted to death just 3 (three) times simply the last week!

(One of them: 500V DC, 125A. I happened to poke the wrong thing in the
connection box with my multimeter. Result: a bang that locked my ears, a
spark that scared the audience, a jolt that threw me back two steps
without "moving a limb", and a darkness that impressed the guys at the
other shops in the block.) There's a rumor we're doing something
"heavy". Not likely we'll clip that one anymore. Oh, and my multimeter
minus side probe is 1/4" shorter now.

We're in Europe, so the green-yellow striped one is the shield ground
wire. My associate fastens all three wires while he's talking gossip and
the weather and NOT looking at what he's doing. He's like the film star
in the car scene, driving and explaining the plot to the female co-star:
never even glimpsing the road.

There were 18 plugs he had to wire, and (only after some near-misses of
life) it turned out he'd miswired more than half of them. Honestly, I'd
want to "teach" him with a shotgun. :-( !!!!! I've got three minor kids,
for chrissake!

I'm now doing software for our second Extruder Unit, which is very
different from the first one. For one thing, the watch points went from
6 to 10, and then we got 5 pressure points to monitor too. And it's been
shown to me that a thermostat-like temperature control simply is not
adequate anymore. We need some kind of adaptive or pre-emptive, or
learning, temperature "intelligence" with this new machine. (Anybody
have any pointers, hints or ideas?) And looks like it'd have to "learn"
from the motor rpm+amperes+voltage + temperatures+pressures +
first-and-second-derivatives-of-them, and Bob knows what -- to become
prescient, or at the very least, "aware".

(My associate would not exactly understand if any of you guys would
suggest I'd tell him he's demanding more than Cyberdyne Systems
contributed to Skynet.)