DMD 1.005 release

Kevin Bealer kevinbealer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:28:55 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Fixes many bugs, some serious.
>
> Some new goodies.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.005.zip

You fixed all the bugs I've added in recent memory.  Plus, if I
understand correctly, the implications of some of these features is
staggering...

It looks like one could write a few hundred line module that can pull in
and do compile-time interpreting of a language of the complexity of say,
Scheme.  And the code in the module could be both readable and
straightforward...  And the results would be absorbed into the calling
code as normal optimizable statements...

"I warn you, Doctor -- man was not meant to have this kind of power!"

Kevin