DMD 1.005 release

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Tue Feb 6 07:44:38 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Fixes many bugs, some serious.
>
> Some new goodies.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.005.zip

"The AssignExpression must evaluate at compile time to a constant string. The text contents of the string must be
compilable as a valid StatementList, and is compiled as such.:"

Arbitrary code generation?!  This ought to make for some really slick compile-time code generators - say goodbye to
delegate calling overhead and static variable bloat.

The import expression thing has me scratching my head though: what path does DMD use to determine where to find the
imported file? (it's not clear in the documentation)

Awesome update Walter - thanks again. :)

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo