DMD 1.005 release

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Tue Feb 6 07:57:46 PST 2007

BLS wrote:
> I guess here is a need for further explaination.
>
> Either I am an complete idiot (not completely unrealistic) and
> missunderstood something, or a new, quit radical, programming paradigmn
> change is on it s way.  I mean it is difficult to realize the implications.
> Bjoern

Just try to wrap your head around this: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/mixin.html

template GenStruct(char[] Name, char[] M1)
{
     const char[] GenStruct = "struct " ~ Name ~ "{ int " ~ M1 ~ "; }";
}

mixin(GenStruct!("Foo", "bar"));

//which generates:

struct Foo { int bar; }

In short this means that we can have *100%* arbitrary code generation at compile time, w/o need of a new grammar to
support the capability.

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo