DMD 1.005 release

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Tue Feb 6 08:57:41 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:

> To make this work, however, one must be able to manipulate strings at
> compile time. I've made a start on a library to do this,
> std.metastrings, based on earlier work by Don Clugston and Eric Anderton.
>
> This is just the start of what's going to happen with D 2.0.

it needs some string manipulation stuff. I'd be more than happy to let
you put the string templates from dparse in. It has template to:

Discard leading white space
return a slice up to the first white space char
return a slice starting with the first white space char
Return a slice up-to but not including the first instance of t.
Return a slice starting after the first instance of t and containing the
rest of the string.
discard [ ]* then return [a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*

non-string type template

return tuple with string  broken up by d
return tuple with string  broken up by white space
tuple cdr (think lisp)
check if anything in tuple begins with a given prefix

source at:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/dparser/dparse.d