DMD 1.005 release

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Tue Feb 6 09:24:34 PST 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:

> The most obvious danger is simply being able to eyeball what the source
> code for a module actually is, but that's been an issue for any
> sufficiently complex template code anyway.

How are #line directives handled? is their any way to tell the debugger
to look at another file:

mixin(MixInThisFile("foo"));

// results in this

// stuff
#line foo, 127
// stuff from foo:127

#line ... // revert back to original file:line

Then, in the debugger, it would start stepping you through foo in the
correct place.

> If
> there were a way to emit the "expanded" source we could even use this as
> a "standalone" code generation tool of sorts.  Nice work!

Put in a pragma msg in place of the mixin and you get the code.

maybe a mixin(string, filename) form would be nice. It would dump to
given file as well as generate code.