DMD 1.005 release

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Feb 6 12:16:14 PST 2007

Walter Bright escribió:
> Ary Manzana wrote:
>> Second, this makes even harder to get good IDE support for D. You can
>> have syntax coloring, and that's it. Autocompletion is going to be a
>> very though part: the IDE must act as a compiler, as you say it, to
>> figure out what the program will look like so that it can know what
>> are the declarations available to the programmer.
>
> True, but on the other hand, specifically not supporting it in the IDE
> may act as a needed brake on evil uses of it.

I didn't say an IDE won't support it, I said it'll be very hard to get
there :-)

But... I'm wondering which are the evil uses of it. For me it's now
almost impossible not to program with an IDE (big projects, I mean). At
least in Java. Maybe compile time stuff will make it such that an IDE
won't be needed anymore. But it's very hard for me to see that happening.