DMD 1.005 release

Andreas Kochenburger akk at nospam.org
Tue Feb 6 12:41:28 PST 2007

BLS wrote:
> I guess here is a need for further explaination.
>
> Either I am an complete idiot (not completely unrealistic) and
> missunderstood something, or a new, quit radical, programming paradigmn
> change is on it s way.  I mean it is difficult to realize the implications.
> Bjoern

I am not a D programmer (yet) only observing what is happening.

I compare the new "code generation at compile-time" stuff in D with
Forth. Forth also has a built-in interpreter & compiler which extends
the language and can also execute macros at compile-time through
EVALUATE. Of course Forth is much more low-level than D. But IMO the new
mixins are not a "radical programming paradigm change".

Perhaps I just did misunderstand something?

Andreas