Rebuild 0.3 released

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Tue Feb 6 13:56:29 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Gregor Richards wrote:
>
>> Fixed some bugs introduced in rebuild 0.2, and also fixed support for
>> 'version=' statements.
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/wiki/Rebuild
>>
>>  - Gregor Richards
>

> Two questions:
>
> Does rebuild support environment variables in a build file?  Like
>    -I$(DMDDIR)/dmd/import
>
> Is there some way to read commands from build files other than the
> '@file' syntax?  Like '-f filename' for example.
>
> --bb

Rebuild does not, at present, support response files. I don't find them
particularly useful, since simply making a .bat or .sh and putting
'rebuild' at the beginning suffices for a more powerful method with
negligible learning curve.

I suppose if there is demand, I will add support. My personal distaste
for them shouldn't be the be-all end-all.

  - Gregor Richards