DMD 1.005 release

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Feb 7 02:54:24 PST 2007

Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:

>> "writef".length == "printf".length
>
> But the "printf" version is -= "import std.stdio;".length + 1;

If you use printf, you should use "import std.c.stdio;"

That it works without it is a long-standing bug, IMHO.

> That said, for examplar|demonstrative D code I'd just assume
> avoid printf regardless. It just isn't "the D way."

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with
using printf or the rest of the C standard library,
as long as it is explicitly imported by the D code ?
Having "printf" defined in Object is evil, though...

--anders