GDC release 0.22

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 04:26:19 PST 2007

John wrote:

> Gregor Richards Wrote:
>
>> David Friedman wrote:
>> > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154306
>> >
>> > Changes:
>> >   * Added support for GCC 4.1.x
>> >   * Support for GCC 3.3.x is deprecated
>> >   * Updated to DMD 1.004
>> >   * Fixed Bugzilla 836, 837, 838, 839, 841, 843, 844, 889, 896
>> >   * Fixed problems with missing debug information
>> >   * Added Rick Mann's -frameowrk patch for gdmd
>> >
>> > SkyOS support will return in the next release.
>>
>> 4.1.x support!  Hoorah!
>>
>>   - Gregor Richards
>
> What benefits does 4.1.x provide vs 3.4.x?

I may be misunderstanding something, but my idea was that I'm using Fedora
FC6, and everything on this system is built with gcc-4.1.1 (with additional
patches).  I thought that if gdc is based on gcc-4.1.1 maybe that would
simplify coexistence.  I was really hoping I could take the gdc patches and
apply them to the redhat (fedora) gcc version.  It remains to be seen if
this is true.  I haven't tried yet, because I'm using x86-64.