DMD 1.005 release

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 06:12:19 PST 2007

"Walter Bright" <newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:eq91hs$fvm$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Fixes many bugs, some serious.
>
> Some new goodies.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.005.zip

I am amazed at the mixin/import features.  The ability we have to
arbitrarily generate code at runtime is.. something I never would have
imagined would come until D2.0.

I've been thinking about it, though, and I'm not sure if it's 100% the best
way to do it.  The major advantage, of course, is that it doesn't introduce
tons of new syntax for building up code.  However, I'm not sure I really
like the idea of building up strings either.  It seems.. preprocessor-y.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still giddy with the prospects of this new feature.
But something about it just seems off.