DMD 1.005 release

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Feb 7 16:17:29 PST 2007

Kyle Furlong wrote:
> Unless and until Walter restricts the kinds of files import will accept,
> go ahead and use the feature in any way you like.

I suppose it's like identifier naming conventions. There are ways to do
it that I feel are wrong, and there are ways that are right. The D
compiler doesn't care, it'll compile either. Coding style standards are
something altogether different from language standards.

Remember the C thing:

	#define BEGIN {
	#define END }

	BEGIN
		statements...
	END

? That was pretty popular in the early days of C, when a lot of C
programmers came from Pascal and tried to make C look like Pascal.
Experience eventually showed that this was just not a good style, and is
   strongly frowned upon today. Even so, every C compiler will accept
such code if you want to write it.