TracedException - exception with stacktrace information

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 19:00:22 PST 2007

"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote in message
news:eqe1ui$1jbf$2 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> Good work Mr. Kuehne!
>> I would like to see this in phobos (I hope Mr. Bright is reading this
>> thread :)
>
> Yes++.
> SOME kind of built-in core dump/stack trace ability in dmd would make
> debugging sessions go *much* faster than the current binary search for the
> offending line with writeflns.

sarcasm
{
    But Bill!  Isn't it just so easy to load your program into the debugger
and have it
    break on segfault?
}

I especially love tracking down really insidious segfaults which are
data-dependent or which don't rear their head until half an hour into
execution.  Yeah, it's completely practical to load the program into the
debugger then.

I put shinichiro's stacktrace patch into Phobos a few months ago and LOVED
it.  Of course it went away when I updated DMD, and I never got around to
putting it back in, but..