DMD 1.005 release

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 22:48:34 PST 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>

>>> No, versions defined in an import do NOT affect the importer.
>>

>> What?? then how do you implement non trivial vertion logic?
>

> Do it in a makefile or use constants and static if :-p
>

> Sean

If that's the case, then this is the point where I start to do "evil"
things with D, like versioning with constants/static if/mixin(import()).
  I really dislike makefiles and such external languages that tell my
program how to compile.

I like to have all the information needed to compile a program be
contained within the source itself.  It makes compiling so much simpler.