DMD 1.005 release

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Mon Feb 12 09:32:29 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:

> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:

>>> It's unannounced because it doesn't work right yet.
>>
>> What do you mean? If it's doesn't work right yet, why was it released
>> already? (basic cases seem to be working)
>
> It doesn't hurt anything to be there.

Is there any chance we could have alias template parameters become more
generic in 1.0006 ? together with stringof, the new mixins could become
very powerful...

with much nicer syntax.

template Add(alias L, alias R)
{
        const Add = L.stringof ~ " + " ~ R.stringof;
}

right now this template only works when the parameters are single symbols.
would be nice be be able to do:

Add!(42,foo);
Add!(foo+bar,foo-bar);

etc...