DMD 1.007 release

kris foo at bar.com
Wed Feb 21 00:42:42 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> kris wrote:
>
>> It does, but increases the exe size of the first example from 180kb to
>> 617kb! 180kb is when compiled using build/rebuild/jake etc (no
>> library) and the 617kb is when using dmd+lib only. Same flags in both
>> cases: none at all
>

> That makes no sense! There is 0 difference in size on the test program
> (your example).

Oh, I'm not using the little test snippet ... I'm using real examples
that link to Tango.lib instead. This particular one connects to the DM
site and downloads the home page. The obj size was 1670 bytes, and the
rest came from the lib :)

If you prefer, we could switch to the #D thread so as not to pollute
this one?

As an aside: I also tried the open-watcom linker, but that finds errors
in snn.lib (multiple symbols marked as entry points for console and dll
startup code)

- Kris