Ddbg 0.0.2 alpha release

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Feb 21 10:15:22 PST 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Jascha Wetzel wrote:
>> Ddbg is a Win32 D Debugger
>>
>> http://ddbg.mainia.de/releases.html
>>
>> This release supports evaluation of structs and classes.
>
> Nice work!  If someone sort out emacs integration I'm sold :-)
>

> Sean

Is ddbg's syntax compatible with any one of emacs' debugging modes?
  - gdb
  - dbx
  - xdb
  - jdb
  - sdb
  - pdb

If so, then that mode should just work (in theory).
If not then either
a) ddbg needs a 'compatibility mode' that mimics one of those debugger's
interfaces, or
b) a new emacs mode needs to be written

I think a) makes the most sense long term, because if ddbg supported
gdb, dbx, or xdb syntax then it should be possible to also use a wide
variety of other front-ends like ddd.  (www.gnu.org/software/ddd/)

--bb