Ddbg 0.0.2.3 alpha release

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sat Feb 24 13:39:08 PST 2007

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:35:03 +0200, Jascha Wetzel <"[firstname]"@mainia.de> wrote:
>
>> he probably didn't. "Error: Empty CodeView data" is what happens in this
>> case.
>> debugging executables without symbols isn't supported, yet.
>
> Note to Code::Blocks users:
>
> When building D programs from the CB IDE, you need to pass the -g parameter to DMD not just in the compilation phase, but in the link phase as well. Since with DMD, dmd.exe is the linker as well, you have to set the following options either in the project's build options or in the global "Compiler and debugger" settings:

It didn't seem to work for me when I put it in the global settings.

I had to put it in the project settings.  (Maybe because the default D
project wizard overrides the setting?)  Regardless, I think it needs to
be fixed in the default project.  If you put it in the global settings
it applies to all build versions and not just Debug.

--bb