Ddbg 0.0.2 alpha release

Robin Allen r.a3 at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 26 06:59:08 PST 2007

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> Robin Allen wrote:
>> Nice! One issue I had with the arguments, though; if I pass one argument
>> to ddbg after my exe name, then my exe receives exactly one argument. By
>> convention shouldn't it receive its own name *then* the argument? I bet
>> a lot of programs just start checking for arguments at args[1]; I know
>> mine do.
>
> hm, i can't reproduce that. could you give an example program and the
> command you use to call ddbg with it?

--- main.d:

import std.stdio;

void main(char[][] args)
{
	writefln("%s args",args.length);
	foreach(arg; args)
		writefln("  %s",arg);
}

---

D:\Dev2\test>dmd -g main
d:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe main,,,user32+kernel32/co/noi;

D:\Dev2\test>d:\ddbg\ddbg main.exe spam1 spam2 spam3
ntdll.dll loaded
KERNEL32.dll loaded
USER32.dll loaded
GDI32.dll loaded
Unknown breakpoint hit at ntdll.dll (0x7c901230)
->r
ShimEng.dll loaded
IMM32.dll loaded
ADVAPI32.dll loaded
RPCRT4.dll loaded
LPK.dll loaded
USP10.dll loaded
msvcrt.dll loaded
3 args
   D:\Dev2\test\main.exe
   spam2
   spam3
Process terminated
->^C
D:\Dev2\test>

---

Shouldn't that be 4 args? What happened to spam1? :O

-Rob