New Layout Wiki4D

Wed Feb 28 06:24:47 PST 2007

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
> DavidSwe kirjoitti:
>> I don't know if this deserves an announcement but I changed the layout on wiki4d. I'm just waiting for someone to become annoyed with the new template and revert it back to the default. Because then it's on!! :P
>> The template is done by gorotron not by me. If you find any bugs feel free to fix them yourselves...:D
>
> The fixed width is probably not a good idea. Some pictures don't fit to
> the page now, e.g

Yes, the first thing I noticed was that the page should be wider, and
use a larger font. It only uses half my screen space with a rather small
font on my monitor.
Looking at the source, all sizes are specified in _pixels_. This is
typically a Bad Thing for anyone using a higher resolution than the
author uses. It certainly is for me...

> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport/GEdit

Ew, a horizontal scrollbar. I hate those, especially when it would
probably fit fine with less huge margins.

> Is it possible to set min-width and max-width there?
>
> The orange-yellow background is quite aggressive. I don't like it at
> all. Otherwise it's very nice.

I agree, the background should use another color. The focus should be on
the content, not the borders.