New Layout Wiki4D [OT]

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 17:46:41 PST 2007

Chris Nicholson-Sauls Wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> Pragma Wrote:
<snip>
>>> Now what would be nice is if browser vendors changed how big
>>> an EM is depending on the viewport size.
>>
>> What's an EM?
>
> One of the units of measure that CSS recognizes.  In theory
> its the size of the 'M' character for the current font face
> and size.  In practice it...  usually is.
<snip>

Oops.  I must be just not used to seeing the word written in uppercase.  Actually, I think technically it's equal to the font height, and an en is half of this.

But this doesn't seem to fit.  Usually when people increase the size of a browser window, they expect to see more content at once, rather than to zoom in.

Stewart.