Announcing a new library

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Mon Jan 1 06:19:50 PST 2007

Daniel919 wrote:

> Hi, this sounds great :)
>
> I would like tango to get all the things, D programmers frequently need,
> instead of having x implementations in different libs of the same
> function.
>
> Code would be much more understandable then, when people use the same
> base.

That is certainly a goal for Tango, aiming for high quality and
cohesiveness.

> There should be a review commitee that decides whether an external lib
> will be integrated, in respect to code quality and implementation (one
> should then of course not use a lib that does the same function like a lib
> that is already in tango) ;)

Well, we will try not to have two implementations of the same thing ;)

> Ares (dsource.org) also aimed to replace phobos ("second coming of
> phobos"), but not much has happened.

Actually, much has happened to Ares in the guise of Tango lately.

> Hopefully Tango will do better and become the new standard library for D.

That certainly would be nice (IMO), but I would be surprised if this is a
sudden happening without fairly heavy discussions. Tango is not a Phobos
clone.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net